In addition to covering how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your information, this policy also addresses the lawful bases we may rely on to legally process your information, and your related rights. In most cases, the lawful basis will be that the processing: (i) is necessary for our legitimate interests in carrying out our business, including direct marketing, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests, or (ii) is necessary to perform a contract with you. Where processing is based on your consent, we will identify the processing purposes and provide you with relevant information at the time we get your consent to make the processing fair and transparent.
Our Site is not intended for anyone under the age of 13, and ecomedes does not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about your child, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Collection of Personal Information
Depending on the context in which you interact with us, ecomedes may collect or receive the following Personal Information:
- When you request information or to be contacted, or subscribe to email on one of our Sites, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, company name, state, or country.
- When you attend one of our events, speak with sales representatives, or when you contact customer support, we may collect your name, email, phone number, and company name.
- When you correspond with us via email, we may collect the Personal Information included in your email.
- We may receive Personal Information from third party business partners such as the contact details of prospects and sales leads.
- When you provide your information to us directly by completing forms on our website: For example, your name, contact, and address information, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our website;
- When you visit our Site or use any of our services, we may collect certain information about your device, such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you used, and your actions on our Site and services.
- When you purchase advertising space or products from us.
C. Use of Collected Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive for the following purposes:
- To carry out the purpose for which it was originally collected or received.
- To provide, operate, maintain and improve our products and services.
- To respond to your inquiries and provide support.
- To process and complete transactions, and send you related information.
- To market and sell our products and services. If we do so, we will provide you with a way to opt-out of receiving such communications in the future.
- To support security and authentication features on our website.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activity in connection with our products and services, and for marketing or advertising purposes.
- To customize your experience on the Site and display content that we think you might be interested in according to your preferences.
D. Do Not Track Signals
The Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
E. Sharing of Personal Information
From time to time, ecomedes may engage third party business partners or vendors to perform functions such as sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, to market their services to you, data storage, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. Such companies shall only use your Personal Information for the limited purposes for which we shared the Personal Information with them. Additionally, ecomedes may share your Personal Information in the event of any investment, reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, or transfer of assets.
When Personal Information is shared, ecomedes will ascertain that any third parties are obligated to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required under this policy. Should ecomedes transfer Personal Information outside of a local jurisdiction, it shall only be done with adequate protections in place and in compliance with applicable laws and standards.
F. Protection of Personal Information
Taking into account the risks involved in the processing and nature of Personal Information and to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction and while maintaining data accuracy, ecomedes has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial policies and procedures to safeguard the Personal Information ecomedes collects. Although we do our best to protect the Personal Information, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
ecomedes will retain your Personal Information for only as long as it serves the purposes for which it was collected and will be retained in a form identifying or making identifiable only for as long as it serves a purpose of processing.
H. Other Limits to Your Privacy
The Site may contain links to other non-ecomedes websites. ecomedes is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. ecomedes has no control over the use of such websites and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information on these websites.
We seek to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. You can always opt not to disclose information. However, if you elect to do so, this may impact functionality or prevent the use of ecomedes' products or services. You have the right, at any time, to opt-out of receiving marketing messages from ecomedes by sending an email to email@example.com or by unsubscribing through the manage subscription link in an email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important operational or administrative messages.
J. Personal Information Requests – California and European Union Residents
If you reside in California, the European Union, or select other locations, you may be afforded certain rights regarding your personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include the ability to request disclosure of the information we have collected about you (a “Personal Information Request”), the right to request deletion of your personal information, the right to review our data collection practices related to you, and the right not to be discriminated against due to your exercise of any of the preceding rights.
You may access your information that ecomedes holds or submit a Personal Information Request by contacting us at (507) 668-4300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. In certain circumstances you may request to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, although under certain circumstances we may decline your request, such as where the rights of other people would be violated.
To protect your privacy and security, ecomedes may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections to, providing access to, or deleting your account.
K. Class Action Waiver
ARBITRATION MUST BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. THIS MEANS NEITHER YOU NOR ECOMEDES MAY JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION BY OR AGAINST OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES, OR LITIGATE IN COURT OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY.
L. How to Contact Us
1836 48th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94122
Types of Cookies: The cookies we place on your device fall into one of the following two categories:
- Session cookies: these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our website, for example, which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
If you accept a cookie, you can delete it at any time (e.g., as soon as you leave our Property) through your web browser. If you do not wish to receive cookies or wish to manage when you accept cookies in general, you can set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use certain features or functionality of our Site that depend on your web browser accepting cookies. You can also use opt-out tools provided by third party partners, or by the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices), the EU Internet advertising industry (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu), or similar entities.
Effective Date: March 21, 2022